Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade -


Snow is everywhere here in New England, and since the snowboarding season, for me, is over, I find myself hankering for summer. What say's summer more than Lemonade? Umm...nothing. So deep into winter, with the snow falling just outside, I created my very own Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade. I'm really excited to share this one with you guys, since I am sure many of you are itching for some feeling of summer, like me. With much hurry, I furiously made this beverage and ran to the family room to snuggle up on the couch with my mom and sister to watch Downton Abbey and sip lemonade. Nothing more perfect.







Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade

Ingredients:
12 oz. bag Frozen Raspberries
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
The juice of 4 Lemons
The juice or 1 Lime
2 liter Bottle Lemon-Lime Soda
1/2 cup Fresh Raspberries

Directions:
In medium saucepan over a medium heath, stir together the sugar and the 12 oz. of raspberries (I just threw them in frozen). Stir constantly with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes, until it is all cooked down like a slush. 

In medium bowl (like for punch), pour in the lemon and lime juice. Strain the juice from the raspberry and sugar mixture into the lemon juice. Mix and press with wooden spoon until there is nothing left but the seeds and pulp. Add the lemon-lime soda. Add some ice cubes and then the fresh raspberries. Refrigerate for an hour until ready to serve. (Will serve about 12 give or take).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment