Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

- Cranberry Walnut Bread -














Don't be frightened! I think many people get frightened at the thought of something with cranberries in it. For my food related business I once put out some Orange Cranberry Bread, and not one loaf sold. And because it was amazingly delicious bread, and looked great, I couldn't understand why. My Mom said it was probably because people are not sure about the cranberries. Sour? Is that it people? Is that the reason? The sour part, personally, I consider the point, and I highly recommend it to all those dubious and non-dubious. It turns the flavor tables on you in a extremely addicting way that you won't regret. Until you gain an extra ten pounds from eating three loaves in a row, that you'll regret, but I do not take any responsibility for the actions of the uncontrollable.

So I decided that instead of doing just a plain cranberry bread, I would add a little bit of a twist (and a crunch) with walnuts! Now who doesn't like a good walnut? With all the flavors going on in this bread, I wasn't sure it was going to work out. My uncertainty was put to rest when I tasted it. You must have a try too!

 
 


Cranberry Walnut Bread

Ingredients:
2 c. All Purpose Flour
2/3 c. Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 c. Buttermilk
1 tsp. Orange Zest
1/2 c. (1 stick) Butter (melted)
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 c. Cranberries
1/2 c. Chopped Walnuts
1 T. Flour

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 375. Spray a 9x5x3 loaf pan with cooking spray, and line with parchment paper.

In electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until blended.

In medium bowl, mix together buttermilk, melted butter, and orange zest. With mixer on low speed, add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients until well blended. On medium speed, add the eggs, one at a time, just until blended.

In a small bowl mix together the 1 T. flour with the cranberries. With electric mixer on a low speed, add the cranberries and the walnuts just until mixed together.

Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for an hour to an hour and ten minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment