Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

- The Chocolate Room, Brooklyn, New York -

Earlier this year when we were planning a May trip to Pennsylvania, we knew that on the way back, stopping in New York City was in order. When I found out this was happening, I begged that we stop at The Chocolate Room in Brooklyn. I'm quite the chocoholic, you know, one of those people who believes dessert isn't actually dessert unless chocolate is a part of it? That's me. So when I found out that there was a whole cafe devoted to chocolate, how could I pass it up? It turns out no one in my family could either, so we made sure to get to Brooklyn while in the neighborhood. 

Of course, even with GPS, we go very lost in the maze of streets in the city. But finally we found the place, and let me tell you, it was worth it. The place is full of delectable sweets. There are dozens of exotic chocolate bars from all over the world, trays of brownies, and a whole counter/bar lined with cake plates, each holding a different type of chocolate cake. I was in heaven. They started out by taking our order and then giving us all complementary scoops of chocolate sorbet, which was so intense with dark chocolate I think our eyes all rolled back in our heads a mile and a half. Then came my slice of cake. Chocolate filled with chocolate covered in chocolate. I was so busy photographing the cake and putting it on Instagram for everyone to see, that my brother A. was nearly done with his own order by the time I got to my slice. I know, I really couldn't believe I was able to hold out so long, but you know with something that good, you have to share it with your social network friends, right?!?


-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment