Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

- Welcome to the Wonderful World of Food! -

Good food has always been a part of my life. It just took me eighteen to nineteen years to realize its benefits and impact. And when I say "good" food, I don't mean "healthy" food, or "organic" food. No, I mean "delicious" food, "comfort" food, food with "love", and on and on, the list is really quite endless. Both my grandmothers were young wives and mothers in the 60's and 70's. They grew up in the times when the meals were the center of the house and the center of the day. They knew what food meant, and they passed that on to their kids. My mom has always been a brilliant cook. Come to think of it, I believe she is really very picky about her meals and recipes. She has three whole shelves full of cookbooks, and in just about every one of them there are recipes given ratings by her and little notes on how the family liked them (and we're always vocal about a new recipe, you can be sure about that!). My mom doesn't just make whatever, she always makes sure that when she plans meals, she knows that the recipe is delicious and that the whole family will enjoy. Her cooking is always amazing, filling, and always unbeatable in my book! My family is also big on entertaining, and my mom is the queen of food/entertaining. Every guest that comes raves about the food and is very grateful for the work my mom does. I'm very grateful too, especially since my taste in food has been nurtured and grown by each and every one of her delicious meals! 

And so, at nineteen green years, I am at the beginning of my long and yummy relationship with that well known universal language: food.

I am also writing a cookbook, yes, a cookbook. I have been pretty fearless in the kitchen as of late, and am always thinking up new and tasty meals to make. Some are brilliant, some are flops. (Have no fear, only the brilliant recipes end up in the cookbook!) I've decided that, while I am only at the beginning of my food adventures, what better way to start than to share it with other people. The recipes in this book are simple, easy, and straight forward. My hope is that I will complete the cookbook and get it published someday. If that doesn't happen, there is always chocolate cake to console me. =)

Well, anyway, I hope this blog is a success and people will come with me on this predictably rocky adventure through the land of food, a land which, as far as anyone can tell, doesn't have an end, as their is always something in the kitchen that is new to eat, and new to learn.

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment