Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

- Ponderings: Italian Cuisine -

I heard somewhere, and I can't remember where, that Italians are quick to get angry and even quicker to forgive. To me that reads of a very passionate sort of people. I think that really translates into their food. The Italians have a real sense of family, and a real sense of life, much of which includes, you guessed it: food! Their food is simple and easy, yet some of the best in the world. The way they create with food is admirable, and I think that their reason for putting so much love into their food, so much soul, so much thoughtfulness, is because it is what they use to bring the family together every day. 

Now, I am not Italian at all as far as I can trace back my line (which isn't all that far, so their is still hope). No, I am German, Belgian, French, Prussian, etc. etc. But even with these roots, I do not lack a love for all food Italian! You know that restaurant...first word "Olive"? Oh yeah... my first love. But since my budget doesn't permit me to eat their every night, I delight in releasing my inner Italian into my own kitchen, sitting back, and waiting to see what happens. It pretty much hits the spot every time and never disappoints. That's the magic of Italian cuisine, your never sorry you ordered, and you certainly are never sorry you made it.   


- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment