Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

- Celebrating Dad's Birthday -


I think heaven visited me the other day, and I ate it. I'm feeling really guilty right now...

Yes, around here on birthdays the only cake to be had is chocolate with chocolate and extra chocolate. This time I decided to go overboard and make six layers of chocolate. Everyone was happy and stuffed and said they wouldn't be able to eat anymore... It was gone the next day. I think it goes without saying that this cake was a hit. For the cake part and all its dense, moist, chocolaty goodness, I used this recipe: Six Layer Chocolate Cake with Marshmallow Filling and Malted Chocolate Frosting. But for the filling I used ganache (About 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2-3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, the cream is heated till it boils and then add the chocolate, let sit five minutes, whisk together. Put in fridge to chill for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes until it is spreadable). And for the frosting I used Duncan Hines chocolate frosting 2 1/2 containers. On the first layer of cake, spread ganache, add another cake layer, spread Duncan Hines frosting, add another cake layer, spread more ganache, another cake layer, more frosting, another cake layer, more ganache, add the last cake layer, and then frost the whole cake with more Duncan Hines frosting. The end result is that you will have three ganache layers and two frosting layers plus the outer frosting, and not to mention six layers of chocolate cake! Pretty rich and delicious! I hope you guys have a chance to make this some time, pretty yum!








No comments:

Post a Comment