Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

- Chewy Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars -


Just this week I seem to have been able to get back up onto my feet after the Christmas rush. Yes, apparently it took almost a month! We were so busy with family over the holiday season, and as soon as they left, I crashed. All my creativity (to my frustration) seemed zapped. I was even unable to think about getting back into recipe creation for my cookbook. But this week, everything sort of *clicked* back into place, and I've really been itching to get back into the kitchen. I've got a list of recipes to make and put on this blog for the whole month of February already! Now I'm back on track and ready to go!

I started out by creating this little sweetheart for all of you today! My Chewy Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars! They were a pretty lip smack worthy, and my whole family told me they were a success, so I'm pretty jazzed.


You start with all ingredients necessary: Butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and coconut. 



Cream together melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.



Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well blended.

 

Sift in flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, and mix until just blended.




Add coconut, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and mix together.



Press into the bottom of a greased 9x13 jellyroll pan.



Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until nice and golden brown.




Cut into 2" squares. Yum! 


Chewy Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars

1 c. (2 sticks) butter, melted
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. coconut
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. white chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In electric mixer, cream together butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix together. Add the coconut, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips. Mix until just blended.

Spray a 9x13 jellyroll pan with cooking spray. Drop cookie dough in clumps all over the pan, and with your fingers, press the dough down till it fills the bottom of the pan. Put into  the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and chewy! 

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment