Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

- Uber Thick Chocolate Chip Pancakes -


Pancakes - the most iconic breakfast in America, and probably most of the World! Plus they come in so many different varieties. There are plain pancakes, chocolate pancakes, apple pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, pancake cakes, skillet pancakes, blueberry pancakes, and on an on the list goes. Everyone has a favorite. For a long time as a child I was always a waffle girl. When each of us kids got to pick a yummy breakfast on our birthdays every year, I would always pick the waffle over the pancake. I'm not sure why... I'm guessing it was probably my love for butter and how much more that butter could get trapped in those little indents, lending more fattening flavor. Yeah...I think that was it. Lately, however, I'm starting to hold the Chocolate Chip Pancake over the waffle. Now, ladies and gentlemen, when I say chocolate chip pancakes, what I really mean is CHOCOLATE CHIP pancakes. You can't get by with just seven chocolate chips in a pancake, it really has to be jam packed, walking that very narrow line between "pancakes for breakfast" and "dessert for breakfast".

So today I created my own Uber Thick Jam Packed Chocolate Chip Pancakes! I was so far over the moon with these I almost froze to death in space, true story. =)


So I started with flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. After whisking together, the eggs, milk, and vanilla are added, then those chocolate chips.



They cook for about two minutes on each side over a medium heat till they have that lovely golden-brown color!




Butter them up on a plate, and eat!


Uber Thick Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 T. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 cups Milk
3 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:
In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk all together till well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Butter a flat non-stick pan and heat on the stove top over a medium heat. With a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop a 1/4 cup, plus a little more, of the mixture onto the hot pan. Fit as many as you can on the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, flip, and cook for another 2 minutes (the first ones might take a little longer). Continue till all the batter is gone. Butter up the pancakes and eat up! 

Makes about 12 pancakes.

Enjoy!

-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment