Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

- Raspberry Vinaigrette -

How about a salad with pecans and dried cranberries? Then again, how about a salad with pecans, dried cranberries, AND a raspberry vinaigrette to top? Now that sounds like an irresistible combo, right? I made my first vinaigrette today, and I'm here to share.

It's pretty amazing, if I do say so myself...and this from a girl who is not the biggest fan of vinegar. The raspberry flavor really comes through without killing off the balsamic vinegar, which keeps you remembering that it is a vinaigrette and not something you can eat all by itself with a spoon, because that's what you'll be tempted to do!


In a jar put 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar.





Add 1/3 cup Olive Oil, 1/4 tsp. Salt, 1/4 tsp. Pepper.



Add to the jar 3 Tbs. Raspberry Jam. Above is my Mom's homemade jam. That's what I used.





Cap the whole thing and give it a good shaking! And that's it!


Raspberry Vinaigrette

1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
5 Tbs. Raspberry Jam (seedless)

Directions:

Put all ingredients into a jar, cap it, and shake until well mixed. Add more olive oil if too thick (this will depend on the thickness of your jam) You can store this in the refrigerator and use as much or as little as you want on salads throughout the month! 


-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment